Chocolate “Honey cake” with sour cream
For the test:
Flour – 250–275 g
Butter – 50 g
Cocoa powder – 35 g
Honey – 75 ml
Sugar – 100–150 g
Eggs – 2 pcs.
Lemon juice – 70 ml
Soda – 0.5 tsp.
Water – 50 ml
Sugar – 25 g
Cognac or rum – 1 tsp.
Oily sour cream – 500 ml
Fine sugar or powdered sugar – 125 g
Vanillin – 1 pinch
1. Mix honey, sugar and butter. Heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Beat the eggs slightly with a whisk, add to the honey mixture along with the soda. Pour lemon juice, add flour and cocoa. Mix. Cook the dough on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Put in a bowl, sprinkled with flour, cover with cling film and refrigerate until cool.
3. Divide the dough into six equal parts. Roll out thin cakes with a diameter of 20 cm, cut off uneven edges. Prick with a fork and bake each cake with scraps for 5 minutes in an oven preheated to 180ºС, making a baking sheet with parchment.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the syrup and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Beat sour cream along with sugar and vanilla, set aside 3-4 tbsp. l cream
6. Saturate each cake with a syrup and coat with cream. Upper cake is not necessary to lubricate. Put the cake in the fridge for a few hours.
7. Lubricate the sides and top of the cake with the remaining cream. Crush cut in a blender and sprinkle the cake. Return to the refrigerator overnight.